Frequently Asked Question : a list of questions and answers relating to a particular subject, especially one giving basic information for users of a website.
Q. What is Alphonso Club?
Alphonso Club is a community of like-minded friends and family, there to help people find a platform to connect and establish a bond. It’s primary aim is to provide a space to share, learn, grow and ultimately to help each other, in working towards our goal of creating a peaceful community, “one global nation” and protecting the environment including safeguarding the Animal rights, in association with the Flowering Dharma Centre, Confluence, other organizations or independently.
For any given NGO to sustain it requires to fullfill following criteria:
- A clearly laid out objective view, aim, path and strategy
- Support of the people
- Financial resource, work area and platform.
Our NGO has been in operation for many years but to have a more concretised form we have come up with ‘Alphonso Club’ to build a Positive and supportive community around and to work independently to cover the minimal financial resource needed for any NGO to function smoothly for its cause.
Q. Why the name “Alphonso”?
The idea of sowing the seed of “Alphonso Club” was conceived during a study program on Psychology led by Ven. Geshe Dorji Damdul in Deer Park Institute, Bir, from 5th to 13th April 2016. A total of 140 participants from different parts of the world attended this program, in which 30 were students from Delhi and Jammu.
Geshe La in his lecture stated the example of Alphonso Mango tree, how it needed protection of a fence, when it is a small sapling, but the same sapling once grown into a tree provides shade and protection to others. Similarly a person on the path to become a genuine human being needs the support of friends & community/Sangha to grow but once grown just like the tree, that person can be of help and support many others.
Hence the “Alphonso Club” represents the Sangha, and we welcome everybody willing to be a part of our family.
Q. Is there any criterion to be fulfilled to be a member of Alphonso Club?
There is no strict criterion required to be a member. People of all age groups, whether in schools, colleges, universities or working as professionals and entrepreneurs can join the club.
Q How do I register in the club?
For registration, you have to visit the site; www.alphonsoclub.com and register youself. It is an easy and quick process.
Q. Is there any membership fee?
It is absolutely free of cost. We are providing an awesome platform to connect, along with reliable information and affordable services you can avail.
Q. What are the benefits of registering with Alphonso Club?
What are the benefits of registering with Alphonso Club?
Apart from being this awesome community, we also offer other services, like;
- Travel: You can travel with us to the mesmerizing and mystical region of Ladakh. A place like nowhere else. For decades Ladakh has been enticing people from all around the world with its colorful culture, history, people and ever so spell bounding landscape. Ladakh has so much to offer. So come and experience Ladakh with us. It will be a trip to remember. more >>
- Stay in Ladakh: When in Ladakh, you need not worry about finding a hotel or a guest house. We offer you comfortable, cozy, clean and affordable staying options to further enrich your experience and make your time in Ladakh a memorable one.
For a comfortable stay, visit; more >>
- Website Designing: Duo Design, a web designing company and an offshoot of Flowering Dharma assures you to help you with all your web designing needs and queries. Duo Design can assist you in creating a website for yourself/ business/institution and so on with many attractive features customized to your needs and requirements.*
- Shopping: You can even purchase products like Pure Ladakhi Pashmina Shawls, antiques, authentic Ladakhi Handloom & Handicrafts,etc from our store (online and offline as well).* more>>
- Management & Branding
*part of the earnings will be utilized to sustain Flowering Dharma Centre, Confluence and its various activities.
Q. Are there any projects being undertaken ?
Q. How do I find more people to join the club?
There are a variety of ways to recruit new members. Here are a few ways:
- Share it on the social networking sites. The power of social media is incredible!
- Encourage others to participate in the ongoing activities of the club
- Distribute the Pamphlets and Brochures available with our members
- Talk to your friends and family about the club. Word of mouth is one of the most powerful marketing tools around.
Flowering Dharma & Confluence
Q. How did the Flowering Dharma Centre’s journey began?
Flowering Dharma was formed by the Ladakhi students studying in various colleges and universities in Delhi with the objective to ‘bring about an inner change’ in oneself & others. Major attention was given on the youth and towards the introduction and exposure to the various philosophical backgrounds, study and reflection in the areas of convergence and divergence between these philosophical stances and modern science lends a good hand in nourishing a healthy mind with its roots in wisdom and compassion.
Q. How did the journey for Confluence began?
Confluence was an initiative of the people who have worked for Flowering Dharma Centre for the past 7 years and other student organizations of Jammu, Delhi and Chandigarh, all coming together to contribute for the cause of “One Global Community” under the support and guidance of Tibet House, Cultural Centre of H.H the Dalai Lama, Delhi, Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development, Regional Centre, Chandigarh, Deer Park Institute Himachal Pradesh, Panjab University and Jammu University.
Q. What does Flowering Dharma Centre stand for?
Flowering Dharma Centre is an organization that envisions instilling the virtues of ethics and morality, for the benefit of oneself and others.
Q. What does Confluence stand for?
Confluence, as the word itself suggests, is a meeting point for people from diverse backgrounds, converging to inculcate and exchange ideas.
Q. Who are the people behind Flowering Dharma Centre and Confluence?
For past 7 years, Flowering Dharma Centre has been running successfully by the students from various parts of the country and the world. Around 500-600 students from various regions and backgrounds voluntarily participated in the programmes and helped in the fulfillment of its cause. Apart from the students, the main advisors without whom these 7 years would have not been a success are:
- His Eminence the 9th Kyabje Choegon Rinpoche Tenzin Chokyi Gyatso
- Proff. (Geshe) Dorji Damdul, Director, Tibet House, Cultural Centre of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Delhi
- Prof. (Geshe) Konchok Wangdu, Director, Central Institute of Buddhist Studies, Leh
- Proff. (Geshe) Jamyang Tashi, Thiksey
- Mr. Stanzin Dawa, Regional Coordinator, RGNIYD, Chandigarh
- Proff. (Geshe)Tsewang Dorje, Director, Ngari Institute, Leh
- People of Ladakh
Q. Which are the main areas of focus of Flowering Dharma Centre?
Which are the main areas of focus of Flowering Dharma Centre?
As a centre for the study of classical Indian wisdom traditions, the prime area of focus of Flowering Dharma Centre are:
- Preserving Nalanda Tradition
- Inter-Faith Harmony
- Educating the Hearts and Minds
- Preserving Ladakhi Culture and Tradition
- Study the convergence of Philosophy and Modern Science
Q. Which are the main areas of focus of Confluence?
Confluence is an educational project with the aim to educate and learn from each other, on topics ranging from Social & Environmental issues, Animal Rights, Psychology, Philosophy, Modern Science, Music to Art, in order to have a healthy and prosperous ‘One Global Community’
Q. How long has it been in operation?
Flowering Dharma Centre was founded on 9th of February 2009.
Confluence began at the onset of the new year January 2016
Q. How are these organizations funded?
In the past we have relied on the goodwill of our generous donors and sponsors from different areas. Also we have worked in close association with various institutes and organizations. It has been receiving constant support from the people of Ladakh as well.
Q. How many people are associated with these organisations?
When formed, Flowering Dharma Centre was a student focused NGO which was run and supported by the students themselves. The student volunteers have been the backbone of this NGO. So, over all these years we have had the opportunity to work with thousands of students. We are 9 main administrators, 94 Executive members, 543 Members and Volunteers and 2,203 subscribers and 10,983 members on social media.
Q. How can one get associated with these organisations?
Q. What is the working model of Flowering Dharma Centre and Confluence?
With the aspiration of applying compassion and wisdom traditions in the activities of the Centre, we organize various events, such as;
- Outstation Programmes
- Certificate Courses
- Exposure Tours
- Guest Lectures
- Cup Talks
- Fundraising Programmes (Alphonso Club)